Visa Svensk version

VELLINGE - Höllviken - Falsterbo - Skanör - Västra Ingelstad - Östra Grevie

Every year, this Viking village arranges a new Battle of Foteviken. The participants of the organized training camp gather on the beach where the great battle originally stood on June 4, 1134Fotevikens Viking village is the ultimate place to visit for those who are interested in the Vikings and their way of living. The published photographs shows nature, landscape and more from Vellinge municipality.Vellinge offer five different golf courses which all are very popular. Three of them surrounded by grand nature.One of Sweden´s largets international sport events where Swedish and international rider elite compete in jumping and dressage.The oldest settlement in Skanör dates back to the 11th century. The history of charming Skanör stretches as far back as the 12th century and was during the medieval, together with Falsterbo, one of the largest cities in the Nordics.
BOKA DIREKT!

Book hotelroom now:


Arrival date:

Departure date:

History

11th-century – The oldest settlement in Skanör dates back to the 1000's.

1134 –Battle of Foteviken. The Scanian candidate to become king Erik Emune defeated his opponent King Niels.s

1170 - Remains of a chapel from around 1170 have been found at the present Skanör church churchyard..

1200
-talet –Falsterbo's oldest settlement dates from the earliest to the beginning of this century.

1220
-talet - Skanör's castle was built north of the little chalk chapel which was built in the 1170s. The chapel was replaced by a larger brick church.

1222
– The Hansa City of Lübeck was granted permission by King Valdemar II Sejr to build a stockpile fire at Kolabacken in Falsterbo, which is today the oldest known lighthouse in the Nordic region.

1284
- Skanör's castle was taken by the Norwegian earl and pirate Alf Erlingsson, who was hanged in Helsingborg in 1290. His death has given rise to the legend of Mr. Alf or Ralf on the castle. Mr Alf was, according to the myth, a strict and feared fellow at Skanör castle and said to possess a magic wand from which he could conjure forth the armies. Once upon a time, he crossed Skanör's church through the northern (today bricked) doorway , without his magic case, on which he was squeezed to death by Skanör's residents. Since that time, the dreaded Alf learns to haunt his old hometown. .

1290
– Scania Market's growing importance attracted almost all German trading cities, as well as Wales, Scotland, England and Normandy to participate. The German trade union Hansan tried to remove those traders who were not German from the area and soon dominated the Scanian Market.

1311
- The Vendic Hanseatic cities Rostock, Wismar and Greifswald took the fortress Falsterbohus during their war against King Erik Menved. When the war was over, the castle was very torned and damaged, and Erik Menved was able to build a new, larger and modern castle, which stood ready in 1318. The castle consisted of a powerful core tower that also appeared as a residential tower and a rectangular hall building. Around the castle there was built a bailey, double moat graves with a drawbridge and a powerful mound between the two moats.

1318
– Seneschal Mats Kettilmundsson sent his Swedish troops to take Falsterbohus, while the bishop in Lund Esger Juel's troops attacked both Skanör and Falsterbo. Skanör could buy itself free, while Falsterbo and Falsterbohus became the bishop's property. Esger Juel was later forced to exile when he fell out with his allies and did not return until after 1319, when the Danish king Erik Menved had deceased.

1400
-talets början - Falsterbo's political and economic significance grew when Falsterbo replaced Skanör as the center of the Scanian market. The King's bailiff, who previously lived in Skanör's castle, moved instead to Falsterbohus, where also the Union Queen Margaret I lived on several occasions..

1463
– In August, 20,000 Danes and Germans started fighting because Danish fishermen had thrown nine Germans into the water and snatched them from all their clothes. The bailiffs and their soldiers eventually succeeded in settling the chaos.

1540-1547
- Eske Bille let up the castle, today called "Månstorp's gables", since the gables are the only ones left of this building.s

1670
-talet – The former Danish castle was transferred to the Swedish state after the Swedish-Danish war. After this, the castle was left to decay.

1749
– Carl von Linné visited Skanör-Falsterbo and noted and commented that the city had no stone-lined streets.

1754
– Mayor Leonard de la Rose joined Skanör and Falsterbo.

1777
- Leonard de la Rose stoned streets and squares and built the town hall of Skanör.

1796
– The lighthouse on the peninsula began to be used. Its present appearance was given Falsterbo's lighthouse in the 19th century when it was rebuilt.

1896
– A big fire hit Falsterbo. In Skanör there was a fire in 1874 and even 1885 when 10 houses and farms were destroyed. 1911 another fire took place

1904
– The railway and railroad hotel (current Falsterbohus) was built.

1931
– A burial ground, with what is believed to have been a poor fishing communities living on the peninsula during the Iron Age, were found at Hammarnäs.

1974
– Current Vellinge Municipality was formed.
Adverts
WEATHER in Vellinge

Mon, 21 Aug, 2017

18°c